The cultural resources of Barcelona Region receive an 8.84 online rating, according to the iRON Online Reputation Index
This index analyzes more than 1 million online opinions about more than 14,000 tourist resources of Barcelona Region, written on the main internet platforms.
- This index analyzes more than 1 million online opinions about more than 14,000 tourist resources of Barcelona Region, written on the main internet platforms.
- Three sectors are monitored: tourist attractions, which get an 8.59; accommodation and restaurants, both with an 8
- Within the tourist attractions, the cultural resources, with an 8.84 maintain the leadership, followed by the natural areas
- The main reasons of recommendation are also analyzed according to the over 500,000 recommendations of tourists who have stayed in Barcelona Region (Destination Barcelona minus Barcelonès).
- This study has been undertaken by the Observatori del Turisme a Barcelona, promoted by Barcelona Regional Council, Barcelona City Council and Turisme de Barcelona
According to the 2018 Barcelona Region Online Reputation Study, executed by the Observatori del Turisme a Barcelona, the cultural resources keep the first position, during 2017, with an online Reputation Index (iRON) of 8.84, with more than 33% of the opinions of this sector, followed by the natural areas of Barcelona region. Wine tourism and active tourism resources are also outstanding in terms of valuation.
Therefore, the Barcelona Region gets an Online Reputation Index (iRON) of 8.11, with over one million opinions about the wide range of tourist resources on the main online platforms. The most valued item in terms of satisfaction is the tourist attractions, with an 8.59. In the case of the accommodation and restaurants of Barcelona Region, both items obtain a global rating of 8. In all cases, in addition, there is a considerable dynamism in the generation of new opinions, with an important growth in the accumulated opinions of the three sectors with over 350,000 new reviews between 2016 and 2017.
This study has been undertaken by the Observatori del Turisme a Barcelona, promoted by the Barcelona Regional Council, the Barcelona City Council and Turisme de Barcelona, and it aims to study and create knowledge around the Destination Barcelona, formed by the city and its surroundings. The Observatori has also carried out, a study of Barcelona city online reputation.
On the other hand, in terms of geographical segmentation, a heterogeneous contribution of the different territories to the tourist reputation of Barcelona region has been observed. This responds both to the tourist characteristics of the territories and the different dynamics of each sector.
Also according to this study data, the proximity markets are those that show a lower satisfaction in their tourist experience in Barcelona region, and those that show more, the Russians, Dutch and Germans.
Finally, it should be noted that tranquility and beaches are the main reasons of recommendation to visit Barcelona Region, according to the over 500,000 recommendations of tourists who have stayed in there during 2017. The visit is also recommended due to its natural areas and its gastronomy.
Look up the report:
Drafted by Barcelona Regional Council